Can Cranial Osteopathy Therapy help Your Baby?
Use the survey below to
find out if your child may benefit
from cranial osteopathy therapy. By relieving overall discomfort the
gentle treatment can improve sleep, reduces baby crying, colic and
If your baby has trouble sleeping or often seems
uncomfortable, a single visit to an osteopath can work wonders. If you
answer yes to one or several of the questions below, chances are even
bigger that osteopathy therapy can help.
Osteopathy is alternative medicine, please be aware of that when you
decide to try this path. Many people worldwide report good results
while others have doubts and suggest caution.
Be well informed and only consult a good certified specialized
pediatric osteopath you trust 100%. He or she performs extremely
gentle care, barely noticed by babies. Cranial osteopathy therapy
aims at releasing nerves or tiny bones that often (!) get stuck during
pregnancy and delivery.
5 days - 1 year old cranial osteopathy therapy questions*
These questions relate to typical symptoms and causes your osteopath
can treat for newborns and under 1 year olds.
Jot down the number of 'Yes' answers you have. As soon as you have one
or several, chances are high that a visit to a specialized osteopath is
a very good idea.
- When you hold your baby or change the position she is in, does
she seem uncomfortable?
- Does she often throw her head back, curving her back?
- When lying down, does she hold or press her head against a
- When lying down, does she always (want to) be on the
- When lying down, does she always turn her head to the same
- When lying down, are your baby's arms and legs in an asymmetric
- When lying down, does she try not to be on her back?
- Does seem to fear being touched on her neck or head?
- Does she cry often without easily being comforted by
nursing, feeding, rocking,...?
- Does she have difficulties sucking or swallowing?
- Do you have to force her to take the breast or bottle?
- After a feed, does your baby often bring up milk too much and
- Does she vomit often or systematically?
- When you are near, do you often hear her breathe with
- Does she often seemed drained, with not much energy or on
the contrary over-active?
- Does she cry systematically before settling to sleep?
- Does she wake up at night regularly for no apparent reason?
- Does she mix up day and night?
- Does she have one or two watery eyes?
- Does she have an asymmetry in her face or skull?
- Is the head flattened on one side?
- Does the spine seem rigid and not very mobile?
1 - 6 years old cranial osteopathy therapy questions*
Ask yourself these questions if your child is 1 to 6 years old. If you
have one or more 'Yes' answers, consult a good osteopath.
- Does your child have regular ear infections in spite of medical
- Does she have regular colds and nose infections, in spite
of medical treatment?
- Does she always breathe through her mouth?
- Did she fall on her buttocks a couple of times or more?
- Did she fall on her head a couple of times or more?
- Has she had a car accident with a violent impact?
- Does she have a visible asymmetry of the eyes?
- Does she have a form of strabismus (eyes not aligned
properly) or eye fatigue?
- Is there a large gap between his upper and lower jaw?
- Does your child have a pacifier or suck her thumb?
- Does she have dental braces?
- Does she have a poor dental occlusion (the contact between
upper and lower teeth)?
- Does she appear to have scoliotic
attitude, i.e. non-structural scoliosis?
*These questions have been kindly provided by Carole Chevallier-Nourry,
Osteopath DO MROF in France.