Latest update: May 25, 2018
Author: Heidi Holvoet, PhD
privacy is important and I value it. Please find the full Privacy
Policy below which includes your rights under the applicable Data Protection Laws and the GDPR. If you have any doubts after reading it or have concerns
about visiting and/or participating at baby-sleep-advice.com, or if you'd like to view or remove any of your personal information, please don't hesitate to contact me through the Contact
Page. Remember also that using this website and any information or service that it offers, requires that you agree to the disclaimer.
Heidi Holvoet, your personal Data Protection Person here at baby-sleep-advice.com
If you're like me, you probably won't like to go
through all the legal details below - even if they are valuable and
necessary. But a summary is always nice to get the big picture.
message: I have never and won't ever mis-use, share or sell, any of the information you share (actively or in the underbelly of technologies we don't have access to) on this website. No ads, no offers, no emails 'just to say hello' and never any email
from another website, individual or company.
- If you leave your email address to subscribe to the newsletter/email series, then
that email series is all you will recieve. Once the email series is finished (typically 1 email a week or every two weeks in the course of about 6 months) your email address is automatically removed from my email list, unless you actively re-sign up.
- If you leave your email address when downloading a free resource, that free resource is all you will get UNLESS it is announced clearly when you enter your email address that this download is also linked to subscription to an email series (from which you'll still always be able to opt out).
- If you ask to be notified of the publication of a comment or contribution of an interactive submission, then that notification is all you
- If you make a purchase, you will get confirmation emails for that purchase at the time of purchase and when applicable when an update or announcement is important to
your optimal use of the purchase.< If we expect that you may find certain other - less directly related but on topic - occasional emails helpful post-purchase, we may also send you those.
- If you initiate email contact with me, i.e. you email me directly on any address @baby-sleep-advice.com your name and email and all content of your email are stored by my email provider (handled by SBI! and G Suite) and I keep those in orde to be able to communicate with you and help you. At any time you wish and upon your request, I will remove all emails and contact info that we exchanged in those personal emails.
At any time you're able to opt
out permanently of all and any emails,
either via the Unsubscribe link in an email you received from me,
or by simple request via email at heidi @ baby-sleep-advice.com.
Please don't use this site
At Baby-Sleep-Advice.com we are dedicated to protecting your data and privacy.
We recognize that your privacy is important. This document outlines the types of personal information we receive and collect when you use Baby-Sleep-Advice.com, as well as some of the steps we take to safeguard information. This will help you make an informed decision about sharing personal information with us.
Baby-Sleep-Advice.com strives to maintain the highest standards of decency, fairness and integrity in all our operations. Likewise, we are dedicated to protecting our customers' and online visitors' privacy on our website.
About Our Cookies
Google Analytics Cookies
Baby-Sleep-Advice.com uses information from Google Analytics to track the number of visits to the website, browsers and operating systems. No personally identifiable information is obtained from these cookies. We use the information that Google Analytics generates relating to our website to create reports about the use of the site. These reports allow us to update the site and improve your usage of it.
If you do not wish your data to be collected via Google Analytics, you can install its opt-out browser extension or add-on: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout/
Statcounter is an online service which helps us to understand our visitors; for example, how visitors find our website, how long they spend on our site, which web pages they are most interested in etc. We use Statcounter because better understanding how visitors are interacting with our website helps us to improve the content, design and functionality of our site. This allows us to offer a better online experience to our visitors.
- Time and date of visit (this can help us to identify and plan for busy periods on our website)
- IP address (this is a numerical label assigned to a device by an Internet Service Provider to enable the device to access the internet)
- Browser and Operating System (this can help us to make sure that our website functions correctly in the browsers/operating systems used to access our site)
- Device Information e.g. device type and screen size (this can help us to make sure that our website functions correctly in the devices used to access our site)
- Referring Data e.g. a search engine link (this can help us to understand which search engines are helping visitors to find our website)
Furthermore, when you visit our website a Statcounter cookie (called "is_unique") may be placed in your browser. This cookie is used only to determine whether you are a first-time or returning visitor and to estimate unique visits to the site.
You can learn more about cookies from StatCounter and set your browser to refuse them by clicking here.
Statcounter is an anonymous web tracking service, as they say: "We don't attempt to identify an individual person. Our focus is on what visitors to your website do, not who that visitor is."
Baby-Sleep-Advice.com does not serve third-party, cookie-based ads.
Baby-Sleep-Advice.com uses Hotjar in order to better understand our users’ needs and to optimize this service and experience. Hotjar is a technology service that helps us better understand our users experience (e.g. how much time they spend on which pages, which links they choose to click, what users do and don’t like, etc.) and this enables us to build and maintain our service with user feedback.
You can opt-out to the creation of a user profile, Hotjar’s storing of data about your usage of our site and Hotjar’s use of tracking cookies on other websites by following this opt-out link.
Affiliate Products and Services
We receive an affiliate commission for some of the products recommended on Baby-Sleep-Advice.com.
The affiliate service platform we use is Amazon.
Retargeting Ads and Tracking Pixels
Baby-Sleep-Advice.com uses retargeting ads, which require the setting of cookies in your browser.
Baby-Sleep-Advice.com uses Facebook pixels to determine the effectiveness of some Facebook ad campaigns. You can change your Facebook ad settings here
You can set your browser to accept or refuse all cookies automatically, or notify you when a cookie is being requested. Taking this action should not cause a problem with the continued use of our site. Consult the Help section of your browser for guidance on how to refuse all cookies or to notify you when a cookie is requested.
If you choose to refuse Baby-Sleep-Advice.com's cookies, you may not be able to fully experience the interactive features of the site.
Personally Identifiable Information
Baby-Sleep-Advice.com may collect and use your personal information for the following purposes:
- To run and operate our site.
- To display content on the site correctly.
- To improve customer service.
- To help us respond to your customer service requests and support needs more efficiently.
- To personalize your user experience.
- To understand how our users as a group use the services and resources provided on our site.
- To improve our site.
- To improve our products and services.
- To run a promotion, contest, survey or other site feature.
- To send information to you that you agreed to receive about topics we think will be of interest to you.
- To send periodic emails, which may include electronic newsletters and/or autoresponder series of emails.
- To respond to your enquiries, questions, and/or other requests.
Baby-Sleep-Advice.com may collect personally identifiable information from you in a variety of ways, including, but not limited to, when you visit our site, register on the site, or fill out a form, and in connection with other activities, services, features or resources we make available on our site.
Specifically, if you subscribe to our newsletter, we will ask for your first name and will require your email address.
If you complete a form, we will require your name and your email address, and will ask for information relevant to the purpose of the form.
If you submit content to us, we will ask for your name and email address. Photos you include with your submission, or details in your submission, may personally identify you.
If you request to be notified about comments on any content you submit to us, or request to be notified when others submit content, we will require your first name and your email address.
If you purchase a product or service from us, we will collect your name, email address and if applicable billing address. We use Sendowl, PayPal and Stripe as data and payment processors. Only PayPal and Stripe process your financial data such as credit card details, Baby-Sleep-Advice.com never sees nor gets access to your financial data. Please refer to these third party's policies for further information:
SendOwl Data Protection Policy
You can always refuse to supply personally identifiable information and visit our site anonymously. However, it may prevent you from engaging in certain site-related activities.
If we make material changes in the collection of personally identifiable information, we will inform you by placing a notice on our site. We will use personal information received from you for internal purposes only and will not sell it or provide it to third parties.
We may also collect each visitor's IP address, which helps us combat spam and fraud. We do not use IP addresses for any other purpose.
Non-personally Identifiable Information
We may collect non-personally identifiable information about you whenever you interact with our site. Non-personally identifiable information may include the browser name, the type of computer and technical information about your method of connecting to our site, such as the operating system and the Internet service provider you used, and other similar information.
Children's Privacy Protection
This website is directed to adults. It is not directed to children under the age of 16. We operate our site in compliance with current regulations. Anyone under the age of 16 must provide parental consent to use this site. We do not knowingly collect or use personally identifiable information from anyone under 16 years of age.
Release of Information
If we sell Baby-Sleep-Advice.com, the information we have obtained from you through your voluntary participation in our site may transfer to the new owner as a part of the sale so that the service provided to you may continue. In that event, you will receive notice through our website of that change in control and practices, and we will make reasonable efforts to ensure that the purchaser honors any opt-out requests you might make.
Personally identifiable information and non-personally identifiable information collected by this site is stored on our host's servers. That host is SiteSell Inc., located at 1000 Saint-Jean Boulevard, Suite 702, Pointe-Claire, QC H9R 5P1 Canada.
If you wish to review your information stored on the SiteSell servers for Baby-Sleep-Advice.com, contact me.
Some information is collected by third-party services. These include Drip.co.
How You Can Correct or Remove Information
Updates and Effective Date
Agreeing to Terms